Progress Of My Retro.

brettg4215

Reaction score
So I spent about an hour hacking away parts of the projectors that weren't needed.

I kind of rushed things together but they seemed to turn out pretty good.

SDC11419.jpg

SDC11421.jpg

SDC11424.jpg

I put light back together to get an idea of what it is going to look like.

SDC11426.jpg

SDC11427.jpg

I am planning on black housing it and keeping the amber strips

And I think im going to pick up some ZKW lenses from retrofitsource because the ones I have are pretty chipped.

I used some blue painters tape and it peeled of some of the chrome finish off.
So how do I prevent that?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
it looks pretty hot...what projectors

oh and you can't really do any more prevention for the chrome coming off...you just have to be really careful and a little lucky....maybe try getting a little oil from your skin on the sticky side of the tape to make it come off even easier...

brettg4215

Reaction score
it looks pretty hot...what projectors

oh and you can't really do any more prevention for the chrome coming off...you just have to be really careful and a little lucky....maybe try getting a little oil from your skin on the sticky side of the tape to make it come off even easier...

the projectors......from an 01 integra.... i know, ive heard bad things about them but the cutoff seems to be ok.

and im going to stick the tape to the wall a couple of times to get some sticky off, i hope that works.

CHID0

Reaction score
that looks super clean, like no shroud is necessary. Good work.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Integra projectors?

:boo:

If you're going to take the time to do a retrofit for yourself, take the time to research projectors and pick something at least decent. Those are not even xenon projectors.

RickyG

Reaction score
if you're gonna tape anything off on the chrome use sticky notes, it's what i did and no peeling. just cut the adhesive part off and it works pretty goo.

mista jc

Reaction score
Aren't they halogen projectors? To prevent the chrome peeling off you should've masked it with newspaper, then taped it around the edges so they don't move.

brettg4215

Reaction score
Integra projectors?

:boo:

If you're going to take the time to do a retrofit for yourself, take the time to research projectors and pick something at least decent. Those are not even xenon projectors.

i know.
but as of right now im pretty much jobless and im trying to set a record for the cheapest retro ever...haha

here's a pic of stock integra projectors with hid's.
cutoff.jpg

but if i ever do run into a good deal on some s2k or tsx projectors, ill try and get them.

C_S_L

Reaction score
The cutoff looks decent. Good job. I had the same problem when I took off the painter tape off the chrome, underneath it was gold paint. WTF? So I just spray the lowbeam gloss black to hide the chipping. What kind of ballast and d2s bulbs are you using?

Back