projectors upside down in new tycs

angelusnhc

Reaction score
you should buy some s2000 lenses swap those in I hear they fit perfectly

also all that you should need to do is crack them open and flip the sheilds over and put them back togetrher

what do i use to glue them back together with? and when you say sheild do you mean the whole projector?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
honestly you dont always have to apply new adhesive... i have opened my headlights up twice so far and the only adhesive i used is what they came with.... as long as you dont actually remove the stuff from your lights you should be fine... i dont have a problem with them fogging either

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
what do i use to glue them back together with? and when you say sheild do you mean the whole projector?

whether you need to flip the shield or the whole projector is gonna be a decision you need to make when you get them open...cause the person that put them together in the factory could have messed up either way...

angelusnhc

Reaction score
whether you need to flip the shield or the whole projector is gonna be a decision you need to make when you get them open...cause the person that put them together in the factory could have messed up either way...

im a complete noob here so what is the shield? anyone got pics?

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
the sheild would be like a blind its a peice of metal that creates the cutoff it covers up half of the projector once you open it up you will know exactly what it is and how it functions

the sheild is located directly behind the projector it will be mounted on the projector holder

I have some projectors I can take pics of the sheilds though they are at my storage area so it may take me a while

angelusnhc

Reaction score
the sheild would be like a blind its a peice of metal that creates the cutoff it covers up half of the projector once you open it up you will know exactly what it is and how it functions

the sheild is located directly behind the projector it will be mounted on the projector holder

I have some projectors I can take pics of the sheilds though they are at my storage area so it may take me a while

pictures would be great. i probly wont start on this until the weekend. im just scared of baking the headlights all together

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
eh just use the blackhouseing instructions and remember how everything goes together

ill see about that pic before the weekend

jbuff

Reaction score
edit: bringin this one back form the dead....

i know you aren't the original owner...but it seems to me that the original owner sold these knowing that they were messed up....i mean how can you not know that they are flipped....
having them on my car for a year or so like this, i never understood why the cutoff was on the bottom...but since i got them brand new and never opened the housing, i had no real reason to question it...i actually sold them impulsively because he was looking for those exact lights and i decided to switch over to stock w/ black housings....

i bought them from jbuff but it isnt his fault its like this.
:beer: thanks man...

jess

Styrofoam_Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone not find it odd that both are flipped? You figure if it was a manufacturing problem only one would be flipped.

Back