Projekt G23[Rebooted] | [Ended] Euro r H22A

TheEdge

Reaction score
Re: Projekt G23[Hold] | [Current] Euro r H22A

Installed ATI H22 street damper part #918468, $387 ebay.

Could not get the bolt out from the pulley with the pulley removal tool oem #27176. Broke the breaker bar first and then a 1/2 in extension. Went to home depot, got the $129 8 gallon 125psi compressor, bumped pressure to 145 psi just a little before the relief opened and used a 3/4 impact gun.

2f7duTJ.jpg

TheEdge

Reaction score

Installed a used H22 power steering pump, new bracket on the engine. Got the hose shop to weld two JIC/AN -6 fittings, one on the pump side and the other just before the pressure switch. I still don't know if the ecm will sense this pressure switch signal as this engine is used with a electronic power steering unit.

crVOWzu.jpg

You can see the other end of the hose going towards the bottom fitting.

R1bKo10.jpg

Power steering pump inlet rubber hose is pushing against the reservoir tank. Don't know if the vibrations will rub it off. I thought solid engine mounts made everything vibrate with same frequency so no chaffing. :)

gOg46Zv.jpg

TheEdge

Reaction score

I can confirm that euro r ecm xxxxx-pcd-004 does not require EPS(electronic power steering) signal if the power steering pressure switch is connected to the ecm. It will mirror EPS high and low signals and raise the idle based on our current pressure switch input.

TheEdge

Reaction score

Installed AEM 24-6015C Gun Metal V2 Induction System $324 tax inclusive from amazon.

4h6Szmd.jpg

RwKVdJk.jpg

TheEdge

Reaction score

Ordered apexii WS2 exhaust online $655. Fedex delivered at wrong address :snoopfacepalm:
Waiting on seller to file claim so they can ship another one.

Meantime I am going to pull out the dash panel to fix the upper arm of the clutch pedal bracket.

Gman86

Reaction score

Installed AEM 24-6015C Gun Metal V2 Induction System $324 tax inclusive from amazon.]
RwKVdJk.jpg

I didnt see a bypass valve on that thing....make sure that inner fender is secured tightly even sealed if you will....my iceman on my EG has nearly hydrolocked my civic a few times in even light rain, i pretty much avoid driving it if i know its gona rain. eventually fixed my inner fender but still it will get somewhat wet no matter how good you seal that area.

Last edited:

TheEdge

Reaction score

I didnt see a bypass valve on that thing....make sure that inner fender is secured tightly even sealed if you will....my iceman on my EG has nearly hydrolocked my civic a few times in even light rain, i pretty much avoid driving it if i know its gona rain. eventually fixed my inner fender but still it will get somewhat wet no matter how good you seal that area.

Thanks. Yes will have to be careful in the rain. You cannot install bypass valve on aem V2 intake. That's the only downfall.

TheEdge

Reaction score

Decided to fix the clutch pedal flex issue. Removed the dash, bent a metal strip 90°, drilled a slot for adjustment and finally used a hose clamp to secure it to the metal tube.

m66GsH1.jpg

YD6Ry05.jpg

38kClVB.jpg

LxawqTV.jpg

TheEdge

Reaction score

The other day saw the temp gauge climbing while sitting in traffic. Pulled over confirmed fans were running. Temperature came down but as soon as pressed on throttle it started heating up again. Also I can hear pinging sound only under load.

Back