PSPEC Install Question - Four bolts for shifter box.

pattywak

Reaction score
The four bolts that go in the corners, picture taken from the Official PSPEC Install thread, let me know if I need to take it down I just needed the picture for reference so people would know what I was talking about:
CIMG2334.jpg

Here's what happened: While trying to install my PSPEC and trying to take these four bolts out I broke one of the nuts loose and it's freely spinning. I know i need to get under the car and over the exhaust heat shield to get to them, but I was wondering if anyone knew how big the 12mm bolts were? I'm going to pick some up from the hardware store just in case we have to replace all of them and I don't want to have to be going back and forth to the store while trying to get the right size. Any advice would help.

Thanks guy, I'm looking forward to finally getting this thing installed.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Well have you gotten at least one of the original bolts out? I mean what are the chances that all 4 are stuck? Just take out one of the bolts that actually comes out, go to the store, match it up and buy 3 replacements. Am I understanding you correctly man? I had that happen on mine too where the welded nut broke off the chassis. In fact, mine is only held down criss-cross by only two bolts lol. No problems.

Last edited:

pattywak

Reaction score
Well have you gotten at least one of the original bolts out? I mean what are the chances that all 4 are stuck? Just take out one of the bolts that actually comes out, go to the store, match it up and buy 3 replacements. Am I understanding you correctly man? I had that happen on mine too where the welded nut broke off the chassis. In fact, mine is only held down criss-cross by only two bolts lol. No problems.

No, I have been unable to get one of them out. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows the measurements of the bolts so I could get them before getting to my cousins house to work on my car. I have a feeling that we're going to have to cut the nut off also, so that would change how long the bolt was too. Thanks for the input though.

[email protected].

Reaction score
My service manual says they're 8 x 1.25mm, and says they should be torqued to 16 lb./ft. Hope that lines up w/ the sizes at the hardware store you look at.

Back