PSPEC Install

lilcharlie

Reaction score
So I do not have to drop the exhaust? Or will it be much easier with the exhaust out of the way[/QUOTE]

Depends its on you if its easier then just drop the exhaust

nathan007

Reaction score
I think i broke mine a few years ago, but i still cant say if i broke the nut welding, or the bolt itself.. I just left it there and didnt bother with it, since i didnt really need to take out the assembly..

But, i did broke the welded nut on the rear engine mount (f23)..The mount needed replacement, and that -censored- broke, i was stuck with a bolt spinning free and keeping me from taking it out..
Since i was doing this at home, and the grinder was too big to fit, i had to dremel-out the head of the bolt.. Took me about 4hrs, and i had the bright idea of not wearing a breathing mask..Spent the evening tasting metal, and the next morning coughing blood (well just a few times, but enough to scare the **** out of me!!)
When i finally managed to take out the mount, i had to make a hole in the subframe to take out the scrapped bolt, and fit a new nut/bolt assembly. This, was one of the worst episodes in my DIY carreer.

pattywak

Reaction score
Wait, you didn't need to take your shifter box assembly out to install your pspec? How did you do that?

Back