PSPEC Install

jaron001

Reaction score
drill it out if the threads are messed up get a tap and die and new bolts put anti seize on the threads. the ends of those bolts are exposed to heat and weather so thats why they are so hard to get out. mine was like that too when i did my pspec and i just used the impact gun so i didnt break off the bolt hope this helps but it shouldn't be hard to fix it

pattywak

Reaction score
I figured that much, but the problem I'm having is I don't know how to access the nuts on the bottom of the bolts from the underside of the car.

jaron001

Reaction score
when i took mine out i actually had treads down the hole. is yours just free spinning?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I figured that much, but the problem I'm having is I don't know how to access the nuts on the bottom of the bolts from the underside of the car.

It's right above the midpipe section, just past the catalytic converter. Have fun pulling that heatshield off.

and like i said, you might not even have to detach the exhaust and can probably work around it.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
did you remove the entire center console..or just the plastic cup holder/shifter area plate?

lilcharlie

Reaction score
you broke the welds off , you need to jack it up take the heat shield off i think its 4 bolts holding it , remove it and its up to you if you want to cut the bolts and replace them or, stick a socket on both ends and turn them oppiside from each other hopping the screw off. it happen to my car, 3 bolts are loose and i manage not to break one of them, i say replace them with new screws and bolts.

pattywak

Reaction score
did you remove the entire center console..or just the plastic cup holder/shifter area plate?
The entire center console, it makes working in that area a lot easier.

you broke the welds off , you need to jack it up take the heat shield off i think its 4 bolts holding it , remove it and its up to you if you want to cut the bolts and replace them or, stick a socket on both ends and turn them oppiside from each other hopping the screw off. it happen to my car, 3 bolts are loose and i manage not to break one of them, i say replace them with new screws and bolts.

So I do not have to drop the exhaust? Or will it be much easier with the exhaust out of the way

Back