Putting stock headlights back on...what about HID Kit?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I got an HID Kit for my aftermarket headlights that are H3. The assembly itself also says H3 on it. The auction title was:

H1/H3/H7/H11/880/HB4/H4-2/9006 HID Kit.

Now it says 9006 on it too, and since our stock low-beam headlamps are 9006, the HID kit should work, right? The main thing I'm interested in is the wiring harness. My brother had the headlights changed to the eBay halos and he doesn't remember if the installer changed the wiring harness. Now when you buy new headlights for a car does it also come with a new harness that replaces the stock harness? If there is no new harness, and my ebay halos are running off the stock harness, then there is no problem and I can still run the same HID kit off the stock headlights.

I'm looking to get rid of the ebay halos. They're output sucks and I decided to blackhouse my headlights first then swap it out.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Okay wait, I just realized that the auction description says I had to choose a bulb type. Most likely I chose H3, so I guess this HID kit won't work on the stock headlight? Unless the harness for both the stock and ebay headlights are the same?

nexTOme

Reaction score
harness is just harness. you need a corresponding bulb type that FITS your HEADLIGHT. h3 bulb with headlight that takes h3 bulb or 9006bulbs for headlight that takes 9006 bulbs.

our stock headlight takes 9005/9006. if you are using stock harness with h3 bulb + headlight that takes h3 bulb, all you need is a converter (which is basically lets you plug in stock 9006 plug, and other end lets you plug in h3 bulb)

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Wait so a "converter" can do it instead of getting an entirely new 9006 HID bulbs for like $40 shipped? Where do I get the converter?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Yeah he said to get new 9006 bulbs and use the same ballast. I'll do that whenever I decide to actually switch back.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
lol confused? I was just asking if the HID kit I paid for would go to waste if I swap out my halos with the stock headlight, cuz the HID Kit I bought was for H3 bulbs, not 9006. So I contacted the seller and they said we'll ship you 9006 bulbs for $40 and you can use the same ballast. That's all.

Back