Question about changing auto shifter

TooJDM

Reaction score
Well title says it all.. I have a 99 accord sedan and I wanna change out my shifter to something more sleek i guess? Any dyi write-ups on it? I couldn't find any. I tried it once and I got stuck after I took off the oem and tried install the new one there wasn't any threading so i couldn't thread it on.

Thanks.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
The shifter or the shift knob? If shift knob then I would recommend the type r style. I have it on mine and it's a nice weight and feels really nice. If it's a shifter then try searching for a prelude one. They're interchangeable with our vehicles.:happy107:

TooJDM

Reaction score
How much was it? And i meant the shift knob! It's auto btw.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Sorry lol. You won't be able to use a shift knob like mine then. My dad has an after market carbon fiber one. Make sure it has the button so you can put it into gear. If you searched accord shift knob on eBay I bet you could find one

TooJDM

Reaction score
Dang... Cause the oem one is too big for me lol I didn't like the feel

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There are a few threads in which members have suggested alternatives for auto shift knobs. One of them was the Razo knob with a boot. Accord2Show has a Momo one that's nice. I'd suggest reading through the existing threads if you haven't seen them, and go from there.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Since the Prelude shifter has the + and - can we use that on the car too? Or will it become non-functional?

Back