Question about ddm HID kits

ChileanMonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys got a couple of questions about ddm hid kits. I'm planning on purchasing there 55w slim ballast kit, would 8000k be a good choice for a blue light, also wondering if I would need to purchase a whole other hid kit for the high beam or could I select H4 Hi/Lo option that they have which is 25 extra.
Also for foglights I'm planning on purchasing there 35w version. was also wondering what Kelvin should I choose for Yellow spectrum 3000k? or 4500k? not sure.

Thanks! I'll post up pics ASAP.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
8k would be blue yes but since your getting 55w ballasts they will be a bit whiter than the 35w would be

We dont use H4 bulbs so that would help you none (9006-low and 9005-high)

Yea 3k would be the way to go if you want yellow HID's (most OEM HID bulbs are 4300K)

.....Holy crap lemon you actually gave good advice....almost...almost brings a tear to my eye...

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I have the 8K 35W and they are only blue for the first 10-15 seconds after headlight ignition, after that the light is white. Not sure about the 55w but if I buy them again it will be 10K. (hope this helps though irrelivant to the 55w)

ChileanMonkey

Reaction score
crap my mistake about confusing the type of bulb. well now that I'm going threw older HID threads.
Alright now I'm thinking I should get 35W 8000k 9006 for low beam so I can have more a blue light, I'm assuming that even though it's going to be blue spectrum that they will still have more visibility than stock bulbs.
For High beam I'll go for 55w 6000k 9005 since guys on the forum are saying 6000k are good for more visibility. Or would 35w be good enough?
I'll go with 35w 3000k for the fog.
Also are the DDM kits plug and play or do I need to purchase something else?

Sound like a plan or should I expect someone to come and bash my plan!

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

ChileanMonkey

Reaction score
Thanks for the lookout F23A1AT, if a decide for 10k I hope there not super blue, just so when you look at the light you can say its blue not white.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
ugh.. ur low beam is fine but why the fck would u need hid for high beam? its not even legal to drive with high beam on and ur prob not even gonna use high beam that much. yes its plug and play but i also suggest getting a relay harness to protect ur stock wiring from melting or malfunctioning. :rwerd:

finch13

Reaction score
The 55W 8000K bulbs will look more like 6000K, 10,000K will looks more like 8,000K, etc. It says so on the DDM website.

35W will be plenty bright, 55W in the stock housings will kill other drivers' vision, so I don't recommend it. I also don't recommend using HIDs for high beams, but it can be done. The catch is, igniting the bulb is what decreases it's life, so every time you flick on/off the high beams (frequently) you kill the bulbs faster.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
^^^^ yeah def dont need HID highs they would be useless, just get some really good high beam bulbs. click here this website gives a S*** ton of links for almost any topic for our cars there is one for headlights. PS they all go to egay

Back