Question about Temp gauge sending unit

NewHondaGuy

Reaction score
So I took my 98 3.0 apart to replace gaskets on the coolant passage or thermostat housing and actually had got another one from a pullapart yard bc the previous owner stripped out the bolts for the thermostat. Long story short I didn't realize the 98 models had thay little one wire sensor for gauge reading on the dash and the 2002 that I took the part off of doesn't have that spot to put the sensor so it gives me a reading on my dash. Is there anyway I can fix this problem without going and finding one with the spot for that sensor and redoing everything I just did? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'm not to familiar with the v6 but I know 98 and 02 have diffent methods for sending colant temp you prolly need to get the correct part to house the sensor. Maybe someone here with a v6 can tell u better.

NewHondaGuy

Reaction score
Would one of those radiator hoses taps work? I mean of course it isn't ideal but I ain't trying to take all that **** off again if I don't have to.....

NewHondaGuy

Reaction score
That's EXACTLY what I was talking about. Do you know what the sensor is called? I can't find it to buy or order a another one

Back