Question about volume control

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
Hi, I have an 02 accord ex with a stock audio system. I noticed that somtimes when I use the steering wheel control and press volume down, the volume goes up. when I press volume up, the channel changes. Does anyone know how I can get this fixed? I opened up the buttons on the steering wheel to clean them up (thinking there was a connection problem) but still no luck. This problem happens on and off. I was thinking that it maybe had something to do with a connection getting messed up when I'm driving and turning the wheel. Thanks in advanced,

Bryan

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
maybe the clock spring is going bad. mine did, my horn would only work half the time.

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
whats the clock spring? how would i be able to check if its bad? where could i get another one?

i was planning on taking apart the steering wheel and making sure the inner connection plugs were not dirty or anything but then i thought to myself that it would be a waste of time if the problem was caused by the stereo and not by the volume switch/plugs

01exv6

Reaction score
sorry to bump such an old thread but this has been happening to me for the last couple months and its so annoying. ill be listening to a song and when i want to turn it up it will change to the next track or if i need to turn it down ill push the volume down and it gets louder...it drives me up the wall :madrun: has anyone figured out how to fix it??

DizzyP

Reaction score
This has happened to me and I got a can of air and sprayed it while pushing the buttons several times and it fixed the issue. I didn't need to remove it from the steering wheel for the fix.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

DizzyP

Reaction score
You're welcome. I was posting to help others since there wasn't a resolution listed here that was low cost and effective.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Back