Question for those who have Fog Lights.

danvar

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Before installing my fog lights I noticed on the back they each had a little cap were the breather is supposed to be. ( Its a little plastic cap that covers a small screw size opening thru which the lamp is supposed to breathe so it wont fog on the inside).

After looking at pics of other members fogs, I noticed everyone still has that little plastic cap on. However, after reading an article somewhere about fogs, they say that the little hole must open to avoid the lamp from fogging in the inside due to different temperatures betwenn the inside and the outside of the lamp. So basically my question is: Is that little cap supposed to stay on or are we supposed to take it off so the hole can serve as a breather for the lamp?

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
ive had my fogs in for a couple of weeks and i left that thing on. hasnt shown any sign of moisture build up...

dthomas2000

Reaction score
I took my cap off, since i got HID's as well, I didn't want them to eat up.

slick

Reaction score
are you talking about the little plastic tubes that are pointing downward? they are on the headlights also (well they are on my 93 accords headlights) and i think your supposed to leave them on thats why they are there.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Leave those on or else you will build up a lot of moister. On a cold day or night with those lenses all hot and not being able to breath makes moister and water. LOL Just like condensation on ur windows when its raining or cold outside and when u roll down the windows it all disappears.

danvar

Reaction score
Leave those on or else you will build up a lot of moister. On a cold day or night with those lenses all hot and not being able to breath makes moister and water. LOL Just like condensation on ur windows when its raining or cold outside and when u roll down the windows it all disappears.

I understand what you guys are saying but I think you dont understand that on the fogs, instead of having the little tube (like a headlight does), to serve as a breather, they actually have a cap blocking the breather. So in other words. The cap is defeating the purpose of having the breather. Its blocking it.

So... since the fogs come with those caps, I wanted to know if anyone with fogs had noticed any deterioration after using them with or without these caps. It may be a silly question but I found it odd that these caps are actually blocking what is supposed to be a breather.

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
I understand what you guys are saying but I think you dont understand that on the fogs, instead of having the little tube (like a headlight does), to serve as a breather, they actually have a cap blocking the breather. So in other words. The cap is defeating the purpose of having the breather. Its blocking it.

So... since the fogs come with those caps, I wanted to know if anyone with fogs had noticed any deterioration after using them with or without these caps. It may be a silly question but I found it odd that these caps are actually blocking what is supposed to be a breather.

just put it back together how it came originally, no more questions.:hide:

Back