question for those with h22 w/AC

Drift

Reaction score
whose, mine? normal...like 800rpm...

The TS actually, but 800 is fine. Sometimes, when there is a super heavy electrical load, the A/C is on, and you're turning the steering wheel, it can over load the engine at idle and the IACV cant compensate fast enough. Ive seen that a lot on older cars. And lets face it, the newest 6th gen here is still 8 years old.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my scenario was...started the car in the wash bay, then used the wipers a couple times. had the stereo on like 10-15 (max i have it tuned to is 30).

well, i hate when the a/c comes on automatically and when the climate control is on anything but defrost + feet, and since i had the battery disconnected earlier, the CC was on head.

i hit the defrost + head button, then turned the fan to 1, then hit the a/c button, then turned the fan off. i've done it uncountable times before. thats when the idle started falling.

gave it some gas and started driving, hoping it wouldn't stall in the middle of the street. drove home fine after that...

ray01

Reaction score
hey drift, my idle is normal at 700, car runs smooth as long as the ac isnt on. also noticed when the ac is on and the temp is anywhere from half to hot, it wont stall but it the idle will still surge up and down a little.

Drift

Reaction score
hey drift, my idle is normal at 700, car runs smooth as long as the ac isnt on. also noticed when the ac is on and the temp is anywhere from half to hot, it wont stall but it the idle will still surge up and down a little.

Are your fans running when the A/C is on? You may want to bump up the base idle to 850rpm, 700 is a touch low.

ray01

Reaction score
yea both fans are running when the ac is on. i;ll prolly try to bump the idle over the weekend and see how that goes. thanks for all the help man

Back