question on cat converter

boostedf23

Reaction score
hey guys, will this catalytic converter pass CA emissions? (it is the second to last one on the bottom) catalytic converter This is the cheapest one i could find. I need a quick answer im running open header right now and i need a catalytic. Thanks ahead.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most cats for you CA guys will say "meets CA emissions standards", not saying this one won't but I dont wanna see you buy it and not pass.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
didnt i tell you i was going to sell you mine?
however, it is from miami where we aren't CA strict

chomorro21

Reaction score
from what i have found,all the cats that pass CA emissions and are direct bolt on are different lengths then the non ca cats. The cheapest i could fine for one was 600 bucks :( direct bolt on.

boostedf23

Reaction score
chomorro21 said:
from what i have found,all the cats that pass CA emissions and are direct bolt on are different lengths then the non ca cats. The cheapest i could fine for one was 600 bucks :( direct bolt on.

there are some on that site that are direct bolt on. so are you saying that those wont pass emissions?

chomorro21

Reaction score
boostedf23 said:
there are some on that site that are direct bolt on. so are you saying that those wont pass emissions?
Well when i went to my mechanic to geta new cat, most of the ones you can order online that are direct bolt on have to say CA Emissions because piece is shaped different i believe. See from Tasauto they sell a direct fit but it "Doesnt fit the CA Emissions Model" TasAuto Cat
And the ones i could find online that fit CA were dealer only and those are 1000 Plus for one :(

Back