question on coupe front end swap

Levi

Reaction score
idk if you guys saw, but i posted a thread about 3 weeks ago about my car getting in a wreck plus sum pics, and well i took it to a shop and had them order me the coupe hood & bumper from exact year as my car ('99).

well i moved away for school so i'm car-less as of right now, and the shop is in my hometown 6 hours away. they called me saying that the bumper doesnt fit and i told them it had to be the sedan's upper support beam and they agreed that was it, they said they would "shave it" to make it fit cuz right now the bumper doesn't fit under the headlights.

do u guys think its possible to "shave" the beam or bumper to fit it? or am i better off driving the car without the beam and just order one and put it on myself when i get here?

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
i have a 01-02 coupe bumper on my car and it fits pretty flushed except theres a gap where the grill is... under the headlights, its kinda tight but you gotta push down with a little force on the bumper then under the headlights. anddd im still using my original sedan support beam.

Levi

Reaction score
hmm i wonder if that'll work for mine, idk if the 01-02 is that much different with the 98-00 front ends.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
for the 98-00 ask blaque_akkord :)

ill give him a call later and ask him for ya

blaque~akkord

Reaction score
you have to relocate the beam for 98-00 accord sedan to fit the coupe bumper just tell your guys to re weld the beam like 1/2 inch down from the bracket that hold the beam and they should have the tools to do this...... it dont fit the headlight part because the beam is too high for the bumper i'm pretty sure they will figure it out why.... please look at the illustration.. the #3 thats the part need to be modify and at the same time you might want to order the #4 so you can put a grill....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ry3=2DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BUMPER+(1)

acc5.jpg

GOODLUCK!!!!

Levi

Reaction score
that clarified a lot. ill call them tomorrow and see what they did to it so far so i can tell them to relocate it. he told me he wanted to shave it or something to make it fit. thank you

Levi

Reaction score
also, can the grill still fit if i havent ordered part #4 the upper beam thing?

well i called the shop today and they sounded all mad saying that they tried shaving it and it still didnt fit so they repainted my old bumper and put that on, but i told them i had contacted 2 ppl that had done this and told him about rewelding the beam about 1/2 lower. hopefully that works CUZ he said he's gonna charge me for that, plus time spent on painting and ordering a coupe bumper, and repairing my old one. this is so stressful. :computer:

Last edited:
Back