Questions about the TL shifter swap

Brad2274

Reaction score
if you plan on swapping to a manual soon just mod the stock shifter, i thought about getting a tl shifter but im picking up a 6spd + type s motor in a couple weeks so...
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42306
not everyones cup of tea, might look better black, but i like it

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
Ok so I did my 01 gated tl shifter swap today and man it was a job lol
So anyways I got it to work but even tho I tried to wire the R lockout to function I cudnt get it to work so I cut it but the P lockout does function as well as the light.

Well my issue now is that even tho I put washers in the front, the back sits about 3/4" too high.. I wanted it at least close to flush with the Bezel. any suggestions of how to lower the back? I was hoping someone had a better idea than hacking it to $hit..

Ill post better pics tomorrow since it got dark on me

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Can you post a picture? I vaguely remember the installation =/

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
$hitt.. Sorry I guess I cant post pics from my phone..

But it looks like the back is sitting on the support for the center console.. Maybe I can remove it?

Teesak

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but I'm not to technical when it comes to cars so please don't flame me. But if I did this with an automatic transmission I wouldn't be able to use the shifting options of the tl shifter correct? I believe this is what was being discussed on page 2

Brad2274

Reaction score
is this swap only for v6?
no it'll work for 4cyl or v6
This is probably a dumb question but I'm not to technical when it comes to cars so please don't flame me. But if I did this with an automatic transmission I wouldn't be able to use the shifting options of the tl shifter correct? I believe this is what was being discussed on page 2
No tiptronic +/- if that's what you're talking about, you can shift it into that spot but it'll just be in your normal D4, i have this in my car

FNCONE

Reaction score
Just a side note, if you want the type s shifter (02-03) the shifter stick for the knob is skinnier. The base model is thicker for the knob. Well in my case it was. I was going to wire mine to the normal shift lock, but didn't want more splicing so i just cut it. You wont shift into reverse unless you really want to. The gated shifter will stop you. (BUT STILL BE CAREFUL!!!) i just put mine in tiptronic mode and shift Up and down all day LOL. (Mine was not wired for it, just habit). As for D3 D4 D5...ON A TL CLUSTER not sure of the OEM... if you get the 00-03 shifter D4 will be D5. Its computer controlled basically, so once the transmission range switch is in D4 position the computer will send the signal for D5 just because of the cluster internal circuitry. The other gears are basically just grounded when the transmission range is in the specific gear. Maybe someone can chime in with the OEM cluster.

Back