questions for those w/ experience w/ GC...

blankkoop

Reaction score
if you just use the spring alone(like a lowering spring) and not the sleeve and collar, that would give 3.5 in drop? i wouldnt be much different than riding with the collar at its lowest position?

truWarier02

Reaction score
I don't really get what you're saying but you gotta have the collars on or the spring won't stay on. Are you saying you wanna use those Eibach springs alone without the adjustability? Still don't get why you'd do that though.

blankkoop

Reaction score
I don't really get what you're saying but you gotta have the collars on or the spring won't stay on. Are you saying you wanna use those Eibach springs alone without the adjustability? Still don't get why you'd do that though.

dont want to but trying to figure out something... yea i want to know if they can sit on the perch for the shock...

also are the GC sleeves(4515.02) for koni struts larger than the sleeves for (4515.01)stock?

i ordered the koni yellow front for my GC coilovers and wanted to run it w/ stock rears until i could afford the rears...

truWarier02

Reaction score
Oh I see what you're saying. Well, if your set of GC's are all 4515.02.. then they'll only only fit on the Koni's. To my best knowledge, there's like a special adapter that comes with the sleeves that makes it fit on the Koni's. I think that's the only difference. Since you can even order that piece off of GC, then I'm sure it's something that you can just simply take off. If you can, then you can use it on on your stock shocks.

I say you just wait til you get your Koni rears so you'll save the hassle..

blankkoop

Reaction score
Oh I see what you're saying. Well, if your set of GC's are all 4515.02.. then they'll only only fit on the Koni's. To my best knowledge, there's like a special adapter that comes with the sleeves that makes it fit on the Koni's. I think that's the only difference. Since you can even order that piece off of GC, then I'm sure it's something that you can just simply take off. If you can, then you can use it on on your stock shocks.

I say you just wait til you get your Koni rears so you'll save the hassle..

is the adapter the piece of plastic you put inside the sleeve so the shock doesnt move around?

i was looking on there website for the actual sleeve by itself because i think they sell them seperate but no luck....

so would a generic coilover sleeve fit a koni shock?

im trying to get koni str for the rear but hey are sold out everywhere and on back order from koni. which is weird since theyre selling so much, why not keep them in stock?

Back