Quick Flywheel Question

VonDubz

Reaction score
So i got a H22 LSD tranny, and it came with a flywheel. I have a new exedy clutch kit to go on there, but I wanted to either resurface or get a new flywheel. With this in mind, I called up Spanky from Westchester Crankshaft in Corona, and he quoted me a price of 60. I didn't really think this was as cost effective as I had originally thought. So I decided to search around the net for a new flywheel. I'm on budget so I went OEM replacement. 2 different flywheels stood out in my search (which really means it just fit my budget lol). One was an Exedy and one was a Valeo. I've had many good experiences with Exedy/Daikin, but none with Valeo. Chevy guys tell me they're good, but lol...cmon... its a Chevy. There are a few differences I would like to note though.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Honda/Prelude/Valeo/Flywheel/1994/VTEC/4_Cyl_2-dot-2L/VLEV2619S.html

The Valeo flywheel is not only cheaper (lol a couple bucks), it is significantly lighter? weighing in at 16lbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150527726183&viewitem=#vi-content

I know the Exedy flywheel is a high quality product, but theirs weighs in at 21lbs.

These flywheels are close in price and are both cast iron. With everything being said which flywheel do guys think I should get?

Japan vs America haha

F23A1AT

Reaction score
There is no reason for them to charge you 60 dollars for resurfacing the flywheel. Try another shop. If you decide to get the new flywheel, go exedy.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
the stock flywheel in our car is 21lbs. so unless your trying to go lightweight for your flywheel I'd get the exedy. I've had my exedy clutch for almost two years now without problems I'm sure their flywheels are just as good quality.

Back