Quick question about Engine Oil.

hyukki

Reaction score
I checked my oil level and its waaay below the minimum level.
I didn't feel any difference in the car power or anything.

I was wondering if I could get a couple of quarts of engine oil and top it off?
It should be okay as long as it's the same type right? (Say if my car had 10w-30, filling new 10w-30 would be fine?)

I think it's leaking somewhere but I don't have the tools or anything to check it out. I just need a quick/temporary fix.

hyukki

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yea, thatll be fine. i think its 5w-30 on the 4 bangers. it should say on the oil cap, mine did.

Well right now it's 5w-30. I was told that it was better for the car to put in 10w-30 since it has over 100k. Oh well.

Is there anything else that I can add to... not leak or anything? I put in the sealant thing and it did this. Other products that will help?

If not, I'm going straight to Kragen and picking up 5w-30.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
not to hijack, but i use 10w-30 gtx just cuz i like thicker. 72k miles should there be any difference?

hyukki

Reaction score
I'd probably use 10w-30 too next time. I have been for a wihle.

I just gave 5w-30 a try to see the difference.

I think you'd be fine with 72k. I think that's when I changed mine to 10w-30 too.

Not really sure though because it was my moms car then... but I still knew everything that went on with the car.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
yea i was always told it's just thicker. and in atlanta its pretty warm right now.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
gtx works fine for me. but im gonna go royal purple next oil change after i seafoam the car.

hyukki

Reaction score
I wanted to do seafoam... but since my car has ~136k

No way.

I'm also getting a new car very soon so I don't wanna spend too much money on good oil.

Back