Quick question about the highbeam bulbs!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yep, just like amps with a giant "1200w" stamped on it which only makes 500 real watts.

marketing is a crazy thing...

inv4zn

Reaction score
lol I mentioned it to you out of concern for your wires, not the actual headlight housings...

But as some people have said, 20W isn't huge in terms of heat....heh.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. they're going to be on (at half power) for your DRL's, so why bother risking it..

iEAT

Reaction score
i never knew that there is a difference in the watts for the light bulbs.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
youll be fine. ive had 100w high beam bulbs before. drove with them on for a long time a few times and everything was fine.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This whole discussion could have been avoided if you just bought what was designated for your car. lol

And yes aftermarket bulbs, especially cheap ones, are marketed differently than OEM replacement. Even the PIAA's I have in my fogs have two different ratings on the packaging.

Still, electricals have specifications for a reason. I would sell these and buy the correct bulbs.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
This whole discussion could have been avoided if you just bought what was designated for your car. lol

And how many of us on this forum do that...respectively...not many lol. I don't see any stock 6thgen accord in here. In fact, most of us have graduated to HIDs and no longer have to worry about watt consumption or overheating.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
And how many of us on this forum do that...respectively...not many lol. I don't see any stock 6thgen accord in here. In fact, most of us have graduated to HIDs and no longer have to worry about watt consumption or overheating.

I don't mean not buying aftermarket parts, I mean buying aftermarket parts that were actually designed for your vehicle. For example, this member bought 9005 bulbs for a Civic and hoped they would work in his Accord.

I just get tired of reading threads where people who found a deal they "just couldn't pass up" on a part that wasn't even designed for their car ask if it will work fine. Not directed at you, OP.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
i used 100w+ is my old car's low beams. it melted one of the connectors within a day but the other one was fine. auto part stores sell replacement connectors that are designed for the higher wattage bulbs heat but they're like $15-20. you'd have to cut off your old connectors and solder in the new ones

riCewu

Reaction score
Yeah so the package came today and well.. it says 100w on the bulb and box =P .. with 12v on the side hehe..

I don't know reading some of these replies I don't think I'm going to risk it, CRAIGSLIST time =]

Also yeah I should've bought ones designated for my car, but I was in such a rush that I'd thought oh since civics can withstand it, accord has to be able to withstand it. Guess I was wrong on that one.

I didn't know my OEM requirement (don't have a user manual), so I didn't know until inv4zn pointed it out to me.

Gonna go buy the Nokyas now.

Back