Quick question

MrRogers26

Reaction score
My "brake lamp" light jus came on. Even though it might not be anything to bad just a light being on on my cluster bothers the heck out of me,lol. When I turn the car on as usual it comes on and then goes of but tonight when I turned it on it came on and went off as its supposed to but when I press the brake to put it in gear the "brake lamp" light came on and stayed on. I couldn't check the brake light cuz I was by my self but lookin at the brake light in the window it lOoks to be wOrking fine. Any suggestions to what it could be would be helpful and thanks in advance

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
One of the leads in one of your tail light bulbs is burned out, try replacing the bulb.

Last edited:

MrRogers26

Reaction score
Ok thank you again. I'm going to go outside and have my fiancé see which on it is while I press the brakes.

(don't have to reply if you don't want to)
On a side note I was on craigslist and it irritates the **** out'a me when I hear people say vtec "pops" or "cracks" hard. Vtec doesn't pop or crack!

But thank you again

MrRogers26

Reaction score
Ok so I just checked it out and I found out its my passenger tail lights. So with the lights being off and the brakes pressed the whole passenger light doesn't come on. But with the lights on the passenger side comes on but jus not when I press the brakes. So with that said RedRyder...I don't know which bulb would be the lead. Can you also help me out with that please. And thank you

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Which section of the light is not illuminating? The bulb for the section needs to be replaced.

The leads in each bulb serve as the dim/bright. So for the section that does not illuminate when you hit the brake, the bright lead is out. The bulb needs replaced.

Ocho

Reaction score
this happened to me and i didnt know either til my friend was driving behind me! :poke: lol

Bax

Reaction score
Chris has said twice now to replace the bulb. I think you might want to try replacing the bulb.

MrRogers26

Reaction score
WHICH BULB! Lol...the whole passenger taillight dosent illuminate when i press the brake BUT when the lights are on the whole passenger tail light turns on but when I press the brake the brake light doesent get brighter. So...what RedRyder is sayin is that the light that gets brighter inside the brake light is out?? So is there accually 2 bulbs in that section of the brake light. I think I'm starting to get it (-:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No, you're not. lol Read it again. :)

What you need to do is look at the back of your tail light housings from inside the trunk and study where the bulbs are plugged in in relation to what sections of the lenses they illuminate.

ONE bulb provides both the dim and bright light for its section (due to the leads I mentioned). So whichever section this is occurring in, that bulb needs replaced. I can't explain it any more simply, so like I said, open your trunk, pull away the trunk liner, and educate yourself. :)

Back