Quick question...

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
i dont understand why everybody pushes people to buy coils u guys realize the most affordable coils (ff1) have a ****ty ride too
maybe the guy just wants to drop his car 1-2 inches
he even said he doesnt need em for performance

thats my thought.. I am pretty new to all this stuf (but have done more research than actually buying) and just wanted some input. any input is good input.. and like i said im not into the performance and what not, just a clean drop. Nothing too low but just enough. I live in El Cajon, the streets aren't bad and not too many speed bumps either. I need a lottt more saving to do if i want coilovers, we all know those are close to a grand in price haha. I only want to drop 2.25" to maybe 2.5", but if i'm not mistaken that is going to be hard to do W/O buying coilovers....right? damn, all these wants but just not enough $$$ :jae:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
If youre gonna want a nice drop and dont want coils, please don't cut your springs and get a good aftermarket shock/strut.

Shocks I would recommend is....
Tokico Illumas (white)
KYB AGX
Koni Yellows

Springs...
Eibach
Tien
K sport

You can also just get some Ground Control sleeves and adjust them to your likings, you can be at stock height to no finger gap.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
Ive been pondering the Function and Form Type 1 coilovers, now that everyone has bagged me for not looking to buy those. Any thoughts on the idea? :hide:

For the price they are at, plus shipping of course, i can have them in a couple months of saving.

(remember, i'm employed at Wendy's and have insurance/gas to pay for) :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Props to you for working and saving for your own ****, and not being handed everything.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
^Props to you for working and saving for your own ****, and not being handed everything.

Being handed down is nice, but when you spend your own money on something and installing it yourself is a better satisfaction. Other than my car beinf bought, I spend my own hard earned money on all of my mods. And parents would have thought I wouldn't be able to mod a grandma car.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score

haha thanks :thumbup:

and for the Func. and Form type 1 coilovers, should i get them? i have my mind set on those now for some reason.. i kinda like the look :jae:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Being handed down is nice, but when you spend your own money on something and installing it yourself is a better satisfaction. Other than my car beinf bought, I spend my own hard earned money on all of my mods. And parents would have thought I wouldn't be able to mod a grandma car.

Yeah. I more mean parents that buy their kids nice cars, or pay for their mods. Like the 17yr old on here that had a Lexus IS. Ridiculous.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
Yeah. I more mean parents that buy their kids nice cars, or pay for their mods. Like the 17yr old on here that had a Lexus IS. Ridiculous.

Yeahh.. im sure we were raised the same.... buy our own crap, dont complain, do your homework, dont back-talk... and the spankings set us straight ;) hahahaha

Back