Quietest Possible Tires for a Daily Driver....

ZFreak

Reaction score
What do you think would be the quietest possible tire for our accords? (Stock size preferably)

I have tried Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S ($$$ tire) and they were nice and quiet, but didn't last long.

I have Kumho Solus KH16's on my Accord now and they are terrible.

I know our cars aren't the quietest when it comes to road noise, so I"m trying to minimize that.

Any ideas?

Tire Rack told me Bridgestone Turanza Serenity...

Fuzz

Reaction score
R compound or other slick.

The grooves in lie tread is what causes noise which is why winter tires are louder than normal.
A properly aligned car should not honestly make THAT much noise.

If your alignment is off and you have camber or toe year it will cause the tire to year un even and create lots of noise

ZFreak

Reaction score
R compound or other slick.

The grooves in lie tread is what causes noise which is why winter tires are louder than normal.
A properly aligned car should not honestly make THAT much noise.

If your alignment is off and you have camber or toe year it will cause the tire to year un even and create lots of noise

Come to think of it, yes, it probably could use an alignment... I haven't done one for about 100k miles (less than a year ago at the current rate of miles I put on my accord).

lashlee

Reaction score
I recently put a set of bridgestone RE960 A/S on my accord and I'm impressed with how quiet they are. They were a little expensive, but with loud the old tires were, it was worth it!!

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
I have the stock 15'' rims and have the Michelin Primacy MXV4. I can tell you this, they are super quiet. As far as performance you get much out of an economy tire, but I strongly recommend the Primacys because its long lasting and its very quiet. The only problem is that its pricey.

dadams

Reaction score
i currently have goodyear eagle gt's on my 02 SE. they are really quite. they were quite inexpensive at 86 a tire from tirerack. and FYI tirerack has rebates on goodyear tires.

Back