Radiator :(

KSKENE247

Reaction score
So tonight i drove over to my mom's apartment place, I parked ate some chili and salad. Then I came back out to my car and saw that coolant was all over the ground.. I had class starting right now so i didn't have time to work on it or fix it... It seemed to be dripping quickly on the drivers side although coolant was all over the bottom of the radiator.. Tonight i'm going to try and fix it cause I need my car for school tomorrow. Does anyone have ideas where it may be leaking from or anything like that? Does it sound like a crack or does anyone have any ideas to boost my encouragement lol..
My car is a 2000 Accord SE with 160k...
Any help is appreciated.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Only way to really know where it is leaking from is to look for a leak... Could be anything really... hose took a crap, cracked tank, pissed off squirrel eating sh!t.... :lawl:

KSKENE247

Reaction score
haha yea, i just thought it was weird that it was all of a sudden. i drove there fine, then when i came back it died.. i didnt even start the car... so its like it happened when it was turned off... so im leaning towards the squirrel

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
check the welds on top of the radiator.. those tend to go bad with age.. but i'll wipe everything down and try and trace the leak after tht

KSKENE247

Reaction score
will do, thanks for the help guys.. im pretty sure its leaking from the bottom though... if its the radiator frame that is cracked... can i just re weld it?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
easier to just buy a new one... it's not too expensive... since the radiator is out, replace the hoses as well

KSKENE247

Reaction score
easier to just buy a new one... it's not too expensive... since the radiator is out, replace the hoses as well

ehhhh to be frankly honest... i dont see my honda lasting much longer... my tranny is shot and each thing is just starting to fail. so latly ive become good friends with my buddy mickey mouse

finch13

Reaction score

So you're a veteran plastic welder? :eh:

ehhhh to be frankly honest... i dont see my honda lasting much longer... my tranny is shot and each thing is just starting to fail. so latly ive become good friends with my buddy mickey mouse

Replace the radiator, if the hoses are soft and not stiff, replace them too.

One big suggestion is to make sure the rubber pads that the the radiator "legs" sit in are still there. Mickey Mouse would ven replace them.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I'm sure you've checked, but since you said its leaking on the drivers side, make sure the drain cock is tightened, and that the little gasket thing on it is not worn out. When I rebuilt my car, the little gasket had gone bad so I had to replace it.

Back