Radio has no power

ryandude

Reaction score
Alright so I hooked up some civic fog lights to the fuse box ( bottom left option be hind fuse box, which made it turn on when ignition was on). I installed some 100w lightbulbs and now the fogs and radio do not work. The fogs do work when using the top right plug option. But no matter what the radio doesn't not work. It's a kenwood mp345u. Did I blow a fuse?
Thanks in advance. I hope I didn't ruin something big.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
you blew a fuse my good man. rig them to a switch using a relay so you can turn them on and off. and use a thicker fuse. problem solved.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your passenger side fuse panel. Top right fuse:

Fuse #9 20A Radio/Cigarette

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
that fuse has to be blown, your cig lighter and radio are connected there... this happened to me when i hardwired my voltmeter to the cig lighter... i bought a 30a fuse for it and it works fine.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
put a bigger fuse in it if you want to start a fire at worst, or burn up the harness at best...

the #1 rule of fuses is determine if the fuse is actually good if it still "looks" good yet the circuit has stopped working. either replace it or put a DMM on it.

but its definitely the 100w bulbs causing the issue... :ugh2:

ryandude

Reaction score
Alright. This is what i did. Check fuses. There good. Unplugged all stereo connection power etc. and replugged it in. There's power cause the stereo ejected a cd. Weird!! But the stereo still doesn't turn on.
So put a bigger a fuse? Is it the ground ?

ryandude

Reaction score
:chucklesfawk: i was able to fix it!
it turned out to be the acc fuse on the drivers side. who wouldve guess?! haha
well thanks everyone for all your help

Latest posts

Back