rain x

minituck04

Reaction score
i love rain x. i have to put in on all the time but it takes 2hrs to clean my so whats an extra 5 min. safety first. beotch

du3ce

Reaction score
i have the rain x car wash they have these little wax balls in the wash so when u wash ur car it waxes your car also.

minituck04

Reaction score
i just want to drive in the rain and have my car look like its not wet. and when i rinse it off all the dirt falls off. is that too much to ask for. and ill research zaino. see how that turns out

Sinful

Reaction score
Damnit! I just waxed my car today.. i got off work then my car was all wet! i didn't even know it was gonna rain today. I have the rain-x body wax spray, but didn't use it. I only used my meguiars wax. Anyone know how to apply both? would you put on the regular wax first, then buffer that, then do the same with rain-x after?

N4TECguy

Reaction score
Most waxes you buy off the store shelves have cleaners in them, so when you apply them all the wax underneath is just stripped off. This includes waxes that don't say cleaner wax: Meguiars NXT line, Gold Class both have mild cleaners.

"Speed" or "Spray" wax should never be your primary wax. They're a joke for lazy people. The only thing you'd ever use it for is if you put down a good base coat say AIO/SG, Megs 7/26, Zaino, Collinite 476 or P21S, etc, then you run over the entire car with spray wax after every wash to keep it up.

minituck04

Reaction score
well i do use the quick wax to keep it up which i dont consider waxing. i use the regular gold class once a month

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
N4TECguy said:
Most waxes you buy off the store shelves have cleaners in them, so when you apply them all the wax underneath is just stripped off. This includes waxes that don't say cleaner wax: Meguiars NXT line, Gold Class both have mild cleaners.

"Speed" or "Spray" wax should never be your primary wax. They're a joke for lazy people. The only thing you'd ever use it for is if you put down a good base coat say AIO/SG, Megs 7/26, Zaino, Collinite 476 or P21S, etc, then you run over the entire car with spray wax after every wash to keep it up.

I have Menzerna IP/FP(with PC) and Klasse SG(by hand) on mine...lol i love using the autopia acronyms...

shavedaccord

Reaction score
lol, rain x the body you will need to buff the **** out of it so it doesn't haze. That **** is worse than wax. I'm pretty sure it says to keep off of painted surfaces and rubber anyway.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Before I forget, keep in mind if your one to apply more than one coat of wax you will need a layer able wax. Not any old wax will work properly you will get what is know as the "The Law of Diminishing Returns" which means your cars paint can only hold so much wax before you start to remove previous layers. I believe I read all about this on Meguiars website awhile back.

Back