ram knowledge?

yellowfever

Reaction score
i dont know what kind of motherboard i have but i use DDR1 ram right now, will DDR2 ram work? Its a DELL:skurred:

nexTOme

Reaction score
haha if you force ddr2 into ddr slot, you will mostlikely burn your motherboard, risking cpu to burn....and eventually actual memory and power supply.....

worst case happened to my girl's brother, so i had to fix it.....

rwong410

Reaction score
Don't do it, get DDR1.

Do you have a laptop? If you do, I have 2 sticks of 256MB each of DDR ram PC2100.

yellowfever

Reaction score
no but thanks, im gutting out my current setup, Its purly for gaming. This is my setup
motherboard unknown w/450wattpowersupply, pentium 4 3.0ghz 1GB DDR1ram radeon 9800pro, soundblaster audigy2, gigabit eithernet. im swapping out the motherboard and processor out for a pci express board with a dual core pentium, going with 2gigs of DDR2 kingston valuram and a 512mb pci express nvidia card. im keeping my powersupply, harddrive, cd burner, dvd burner, soundcard and eithernet card

nexTOme

Reaction score
your older setup sounds just like mine cept for sound...mine came with asus integrated!! asus ftw! lol

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
youre planned set up looks good, i have parts from the same companies and they are reliable for extended gaming. go with an asus motherboard tho, they have never broken on me:thumbsup:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You need to find out what speed of ddr your motherboard requires..example..you can't shove pc3200 onto a pc2700 board..it'll work but will be ****ty.

Back