Random alarm and dome light problem

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
My car's alarm has literally never gone off before (at least when I wasn't involved that is), so suddenly hearing it tonight at almost midnight shook me enough to actually go outside and check things out. I had hit the unlock then the lock button, but didn't realize until I got down to it that the dome light hadn't shut off. The dome always turns on when I either unlock it or open a door, then turn off when I lock it or close the door, so seeing this worried me. I tried locking and unlocking it again, but now that I was close enough I noticed that when I hit the lock button, the light would flicker but not shut off. Any ideas on what the hell could randomly cause the alarm to go off as though someone tried opening it? (btw, when I first went down I looked around and stood quietly trying to hear for anything but literally the development was dead quiet and not a soul in sight so wasn't tripped by someone trying to get into it).

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Um yeah doesn't help with the part about the alarm randomly going off

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
idk about the dome light but maybe someone did try breaking in, and then booked it once the alarm went off.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
don't remember where i read this but i believe if your battery falls below a certain threshold the alarm goes on. maybe the dome light never turned off and drain the battery enough to trip the alarm?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if it showed last night but today when I got in my car the indicator for the rear driver side door was on, though honestly I looked back and even then it didn't look open. But I opened and closed it and hopefully that was the reason (though seriously from the outside and inside it didn't even look slightly open at all). Well the mods can close this one up if they want cus I'm really hoping that was the reason.

Back