Random Misfire Issue After Major Work Done

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I did a great deal of work to my car last weekend. For about two days or so after that she was running excellent; better than what she had been running for in a long time. However, yesterday morning I went out for some errands and there was a point early on where I went WOT to get on the freeway and that's where I noticed the misfire issue beginning at higher RPM range (4000RPM and higher). As the day went on and I kept driving around doing my errands, the misfire began was noticeable even at idle. I pulled out my OBDII reader to verify codes, and they were all P0300, P0302 - P0306, and P1399 which are all misfire related as I suspected. The only cylinder that didn't have a misfire was cylinder 1; at least when I checked it. It may have shown up for cylinder 1 by the end of my day yesterday.

That's what I have going on. I think, it's quite possible, but I'm not sure and it may not even be that, that the issue has something to do with coil packs not being seated down all the way. Though, I remember tightening the bolt down all the way for each of them. If that's not it, what could this be?

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
It sounds like you're looking in the right place. What things were you previously working on?

Here is the complete list of everything I did.

0401140050.jpg

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Alright guys, it looks like I fixed it! I got under the hood today and looked at all my connections like I said I would. Turns out that cylinder #4's coil pack wire harness wasn't properly seated. I checked all other connections and they all seem to be in order. There is however a small hose that goes from the TB to the IAC valve (located under the air intake) that is kinked. I'll be replacing that hose tomorrow morning before I head out and do anything else. Otherwise, everything seems to be in order. I'll report back here if anything else (related) pops up again.

Back