Re: Child Safe Windows

nf3d0149ab

Reaction score
I am newer to the site but I searched and browsed FAQ's...nada

My GF has an 2000 Accord (4 Door) with the child safe windows in the back.

Any remedy to this because it drives her crazy...which trickles down to me. :eusa_wall:

Is the actual glass shorter or is there some type of "stopper" preventing it from rolling down completely?

And again...sorry if this is some totally known issue...that's been beat to crap.

Noah

dynasty

Reaction score
there's a window lock next to the window switch on the drivers side. if your concern about that, you can use that option which i believe is the best option. other than that, i don't think there's any other option.

nf3d0149ab

Reaction score
there's a window lock next to the window switch on the drivers side. if your concern about that, you can use that option which i believe is the best option. other than that, i don't think there's any other option.

Ok...let me see if I understand.

You're saying that there is a window lock on the driver's side which controls that "child safety feature?"

And it's a simple "on/off" thing?

If it's that simple to remedy...damn...haha.

Thanks for your response.

When she gets back in the City I'll check out her driver's door panel.

Cpyro

Reaction score
its not a safety feature i think. most rear window does roll down al the way. Pretty much every car. unless i wrong.

nf3d0149ab

Reaction score
its not a safety feature i think. most rear window does roll down al the way. Pretty much every car. unless i wrong.

That's what I thought too...

I never really checked it out myself because I never drive her car.

Cpyro

Reaction score
Im sure there is something u can do. but its sorta useless, in the back seat it would be uncomfortable to have ur arm out the window or something. I think intergras go down on an angle but for the most part they all stop at a certain point.

RickyG

Reaction score
the rear windows in my moms tahoe only rolled down like a third of the way and we could never figure it out. but it sounds like it's one of those things that would be on the side of the door that you need to flip or something.

nixed007

Reaction score
simple the window doesn't have enough room to collapse into the door completely. look at where the rear fender meets the door. its not a child safety its just design and manufacturing. the switch on the drivers side door is the safety feature.

there is nothing u can do except buy a new car.:peek:

Cpyro

Reaction score
the switch on the door is child lock, which is for not opening the door from the inside. nothing to do with the window. but its like nixed said. just standard car design. gotta pay for those curves somehow lol :p

finch13

Reaction score
the switch on the door is child lock, which is for not opening the door from the inside. nothing to do with the window. but its like nixed said. just standard car design. gotta pay for those curves somehow lol :p

He's talking about the switch for the windows, the one that turns all the window controls off except for the driver. The switch on the door itself is the one child safety lock.

As far as rolling the rears all the way down, it's not happenin. A LOT of sedan are like this, simple because the rear wheel well is in the way.

Back