Really considering swapping to an AP1 S2000, H22 Accord part out?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
good lucking selling it for over $9k

i tried selling mine a while back for $7k for everything and no one was interested

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
well hopefully you can sell it but if you decide to part out let me get dibs on the hondata and p28 :deal:

cvjoint

Reaction score
I know selling it as it is won't get me much money. I never planned to. I will sell it aftermarket parts separately for sure. The only question was should I even try to sell the car stock or should I sell stock parts out of it.

Its not the motor that's swaying me toward the AP2, its the correction Honda made to the suspension. The AP1 have a nasty throttle lift over steer problem that can send you spinning into a gravel pit, or wall, or curb, or house etc. if you make a mistake entering a corner hard. My plan is to run the s2k on the track, so i need all the help I can get!

Hondata is available for the entire model year range, so that's a definitely no matter what year I may get.

I hear ya but I'm not sure Honda fully fixed that problem. From what I've read you need a bump steer correction part that some tuner makes. Maybe I should look into this a bit more.

What I did look into a lot was the Greddy turbo kit. It's CARB legal and super torquey with about 180lb/ft torque available from 3800rpm to 8800 or so, that's 5000rpm of brute force. Low boost stock Honda motors sound like a great idea the more I look into it. With this kit the difference between the AP1 and AP2 power is negligible, all that remains is that 9000rpm redline!

cvjoint

Reaction score
Drift you are right they did re manufacture that rear:
"One of the "features" of the outgoing S2000's rear suspension was its tendency to exhibit bump steer at the limits. Honda's engineers have attacked this issue from several angles. Rear toe in was reduced from -0deg 19' to -0deg 10'. At a 50mm bump deflection, toe-in has been reduced from -0.19 degrees to -0.05 degrees. Secondly, the rear roll center was lowered from 101mm to 92mm. Honda claims improved roadholding under full suspension compression or during severe body roll situations.
• Honda claims improvements in overall stability, steering accuracy/effort/feel, bump steer characteristics, wet performance/hydroplaning, high-speed stability, smooth ride comfort, choppy ride comfort, and at the limit controllability.
• steering wheel lock-to-lock increased from 2.4 to 2.6 wheel turns.
• steering ratio lowered from 13.8:1 to 14.9:1 "

stolen from here:

http://www.timeattackforums.com/for...2722-want-build-s2000-track-car-year-buy.html
Maybe this will fix it, and cheap to boot:
http://www.nengun.com/spoon/zero-bump-steer-kit

Do you think I could get the AP2 rear suspension updated parts and bolt them on an AP1? That's a lot easier for me than the engine swap on ap2, So.Cal. is **** when it comes to swaps...:madrun:

simon_y

Reaction score
I know selling it as it is won't get me much money. I never planned to. I will sell it aftermarket parts separately for sure. The only question was should I even try to sell the car stock or should I sell stock parts out of it.

I hear ya but I'm not sure Honda fully fixed that problem. From what I've read you need a bump steer correction part that some tuner makes. Maybe I should look into this a bit more.

What I did look into a lot was the Greddy turbo kit. It's CARB legal and super torquey with about 180lb/ft torque available from 3800rpm to 8800 or so, that's 5000rpm of brute force. Low boost stock Honda motors sound like a great idea the more I look into it. With this kit the difference between the AP1 and AP2 power is negligible, all that remains is that 9000rpm redline!

I was looking a lot into the Greddy Turbo Kit too for my car. I do like the fact that it's bolt on. I haven't read anything bad about it also. But I need to save up for it!!!

If you must, just sell whatever you can sell now and just drive it stock-ish for a couple years until your done grad school.

jaron001

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone would want the custom header + exhaust and fuel pump. I spend around $2500 getting these two and they are impressive. In your state the exhaust would actually be legal.

i got the tri-y and apexi ws2 already

cvjoint

Reaction score
I was looking a lot into the Greddy Turbo Kit too for my car. I do like the fact that it's bolt on. I haven't read anything bad about it also. But I need to save up for it!!!

If you must, just sell whatever you can sell now and just drive it stock-ish for a couple years until your done grad school.

The Greddy units sounds like a killer imo. People ***** about it making less than 300whp but that's not the point of that kit. For that amount of boost it makes decent power and all of that peak torque is flat for a wide range. More boost is a lot of stress on a car that's already 11:1 imo. The Comptech SC seems to make all its power in the upper 3000rpms and it is very peaky. Realistically it's a ton slower, not to mention wine and and that gear drive eating at the bottom end in time.

Can't go back to the F23... downshifting to keep up with traffic on the fwy. No camshifting design. I've been spoiled with the H haha

Drift

Reaction score
Drift you are right they did re manufacture that rear:
"One of the "features" of the outgoing S2000's rear suspension was its tendency to exhibit bump steer at the limits. Honda's engineers have attacked this issue from several angles. Rear toe in was reduced from -0deg 19' to -0deg 10'. At a 50mm bump deflection, toe-in has been reduced from -0.19 degrees to -0.05 degrees. Secondly, the rear roll center was lowered from 101mm to 92mm. Honda claims improved roadholding under full suspension compression or during severe body roll situations.
• Honda claims improvements in overall stability, steering accuracy/effort/feel, bump steer characteristics, wet performance/hydroplaning, high-speed stability, smooth ride comfort, choppy ride comfort, and at the limit controllability.
• steering wheel lock-to-lock increased from 2.4 to 2.6 wheel turns.
• steering ratio lowered from 13.8:1 to 14.9:1 "

stolen from here:

http://www.timeattackforums.com/for...2722-want-build-s2000-track-car-year-buy.html
Maybe this will fix it, and cheap to boot:
http://www.nengun.com/spoon/zero-bump-steer-kit

Do you think I could get the AP2 rear suspension updated parts and bolt them on an AP1? That's a lot easier for me than the engine swap on ap2, So.Cal. is **** when it comes to swaps...:madrun:

Im not sure, but I doubt that you'll experience any of those symptoms. The car needs to be pushed to the ragged edge to exhibit the tendencies they are talking about.

And as for turbo kits, its Full Race of nothing. Id take a full race manifold and Garrett GT30r turbo over anything that Greddy makes. (And I think Greddy makes some pretty decent stuff too!)

CHID0

Reaction score
pm me about pspec, 5 lug swap and powerslots how much you want for em?

cvjoint

Reaction score
Im not sure, but I doubt that you'll experience any of those symptoms. The car needs to be pushed to the ragged edge to exhibit the tendencies they are talking about.

And as for turbo kits, its Full Race of nothing. Id take a full race manifold and Garrett GT30r turbo over anything that Greddy makes. (And I think Greddy makes some pretty decent stuff too!)

Sounds like fun. I can't wait to learn how to properly drive a car of this potential, it grows hair on the chest. The Accord is a breeze, even though I got it to oversteer now at the limit and the long 2nd gear means I usually don't even have to shift. Luckily the H22s torque is nicely spread out.

I'm with you on the gt30 kits, those are t!ts, but it doesn't look like I'll own one soon as no one is trying to get certification for that caliber setup.

The partout will most likely happen on March 17 or so. I'll post a nicely detailed FS thread. So. Cal. folks can meet me to swap parts for stock.

Back