Rear caliper will not go back on (fixed 5/13/11)

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Re: Rear caliper will not go back on

pull the mount out and fill it with 3m window weld. it'll fix the mount and stiffen it up. if you fill the passenger side mount and the rear mount(if your a 5speed) it'll help with wheel hop and traction from a dead stop. I did this to my mounts when I pulled the engine for my turbo build. only downside is the vibrations that come with having a semi-solid mount.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: Rear caliper will not go back on

pull the mount out and fill it with 3m window weld. it'll fix the mount and stiffen it up. if you fill the passenger side mount and the rear mount(if your a 5speed) it'll help with wheel hop and traction from a dead stop. I did this to my mounts when I pulled the engine for my turbo build. only downside is the vibrations that come with having a semi-solid mount.

lol sounds like a plan. im an auto-tragic. probably going to change all mounts sometimes next week. getting my moneys worth with my 255 piece craftsman mechanics tool set and a haynes manual. i could of sworn i read something a few years back about something along the line about putting polyurethane in the mounts to reinforce them or something

Back