Rear License Plate Light

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Wow way to bring a thread back from the dead lol. Oh and don't bother going to the link I gave originally. The way 194's are getting better and better, now I'd suggest going with V-leds. They've got some bright as hell 194's now. I splurged and bought the high power pair they're selling for 24.99. I ended up using 3 of them in my cluster (yeah the blue is gone, for now at least) and was blown away. I'll take some pics tomorrow night comparing a stock bulb for the license plate to the new ones I got.

Saw some of their products on ebay as well, looked REALLY bright. Definately throw up some pics.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Looks like I may need 2 sets of the 12" ones, because I like the idea of dual ones in the trunk and one for the licence plate. Thanks for the pic Andy, and Justin for the suggestion!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
no problem dude. id def suggest 2 12" tubes for the trunk, especially if you have a box. heres how it lights up...

DSC02058.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think I will have to mount them closer to the edge of the rear deck, closet to the opening of the trunk because the sub box I am putting in will be too big to mount them like you have them.

Definately think two would be better, agreed.

Nismode

Reaction score
Just a quick question: the white dome is where the trunk light is I'm guessing....Does this always turn on when the lights are on? I believe that my bulb is possibly out:

32228928ee5.jpg

And this gray plug/socket, right behind in further into the trunk, what is that for?

69232825th1.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I think I will have to mount them closer to the edge of the rear deck, closet to the opening of the trunk because the sub box I am putting in will be too big to mount them like you have them.

Definately think two would be better, agreed.

haha, mine are pretty close to the end. theres not much more room.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
The third brake light (kinda easy to figure out from the red lens right above it lol)

Ok, as promised, pics for comparisons (couldn't get the settings right for the picture of the High Power, so imagine output is around 25% brighter)

Here's a hyper-white bulb (not led, just one of those blue ones you can get at Wal-Mart lol)
DSC_1077.jpg

And here's the High Power 194 LED from V-LEDs
DSC_1080.jpg

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Yeah the one I took a pic of is one of the 4 i bought, 3 for my cluster and this one for the license.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
These actually look more appealing after pics. I don't get how this got to be 9 pages long lol. And i'm stealing your guys cars lol.

Back