Rear one side more slanted than the other

phi1542

Reaction score
I have this issue with my rear passenger wheel. Its more slanted than the driver side and its really bothering me. I don't know if you can tell in the pictures.

jz9ny0.jpg

2v3g8yp.jpg

This one is more slanted^^^^

Also got alignment on 3/4/15 too so everything is suppose to be good. I rear ended someone the day after but i dont know why it would move the rear wheel. It was minor too

here are specs

zkiwko.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Check to make sure your ground to fender measurement is the same on both sides, and inspect all suspension.

Make sure it's not the ground you are parking on, or that the bumper and/or fender is crooked or bent.

Last edited:

Aman

Reaction score
^ If all that checks out, I would get a second opinion on the alignment.

james'99

Reaction score
Tape a piece of string to the fender. Use a ruler to measure from where the string hangs to where the top of the tire is. Compare the measurements on both sides of the vehicle and see what you got. To get the best results possible, make sure tires are inflated to spec.

Know Pythagorean's theorem and a little bit of trig? You can get your camber degree if you tape up a piece of string inside the fender where the string just lies on the tire at the floor. If you don't know what to do from here, it's probably not a good idea to continue trying. Too many parameters to understand. Just get those two measurements by hanging the string on the outside of the fender and go from there. If they're different, there is an issue.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
pretty much they got that, the other thing I'd check is weight. Whatcha packin around? Move it to the other side :p

phi1542

Reaction score
Check to make sure your ground to fender measurement is the same on both sides, and inspect all suspension.

Make sure it's not the ground you are parking on, or that the bumper and/or fender is crooked or bent.

^ If all that checks out, I would get a second opinion on the alignment.

Tape a piece of string to the fender. Use a ruler to measure from where the string hangs to where the top of the tire is. Compare the measurements on both sides of the vehicle and see what you got. To get the best results possible, make sure tires are inflated to spec.

Know Pythagorean's theorem and a little bit of trig? You can get your camber degree if you tape up a piece of string inside the fender where the string just lies on the tire at the floor. If you don't know what to do from here, it's probably not a good idea to continue trying. Too many parameters to understand. Just get those two measurements by hanging the string on the outside of the fender and go from there. If they're different, there is an issue.

oh ok haha i'll try that out soon and get back to you guys. I'm pretty sure its the same measurements because i measured everything the same but ill double check

pretty much they got that, the other thing I'd check is weight. Whatcha packin around? Move it to the other side :p

LOL I actually have a 12 subwoofer on that side...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
well, the sub prolly does some of it, maybe not all, but move it over, then it will even out.

I've been known to swap tall springs to the driver side, so it sits even when I'm by myself :p

james'99

Reaction score
I can't see a single subwoofer causing all of that, but maybe the picture is skewed a bit. Move to center, and try those measurements!

Aman

Reaction score
Do hear any clunks, or is the right side a bit louder over bumps?

Back