Rear sway bar and/or F&F type 1 help

GuNNz

Reaction score
so i installed my F&F type 1 and now im hearing a metal on metal sound i think its the sway bar or the links hitting the rear coilovers but there are no marks on them. has anybody else run into this problem?

Last edited:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Re: F&F type 1 help

my coils have NEVER made a sound. i had moog endlinks replaced and they are beefier than the OEMs and still never hit or made any noise. im guessing it's something you did or the coils. F2's are quiet coilovers.

GuNNz

Reaction score

No didn't touch the end links but just feels like its that could be something else. One thing I did notice is that the sway bar moves freely from side to side is that normal cuz I have gotten mixed answers from sidewalk mechanics

ActNow

Reaction score

The sway bar shouldn't be moving that freely. Go ahead and tighten down the front and rear and see if that fixes your noise issue.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Sounds like bushings or the brackets themselves for the rear sway bar is shot. Possible an issue with the endlinks or endlink brackets but im thinking not.

NASOHC

Reaction score

Yup, doesn't sound like your problem is a coilover issue but something else... double check your work and that sway bar should not be moving AT ALL. BTW: Should change your thread heading so people don't get the wrong impression about it being a coil over issue.

GuNNz

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back everyone I will get back under Thursday and see what I can do :bash:

Back