rear sway bar idea

krylonking104

Reaction score
I've got a noise coming from my rear sway bar tapping on my exhaust flange ... has anyone else had this problem? possibility of bad endlinks?

I had an idea or wrapping the rear sway bar in rubber to eliminate the noise... any takes on the idea?

imaricer:)

Reaction score
I've got a noise coming from my rear sway bar tapping on my exhaust flange ... has anyone else had this problem? possibility of bad endlinks?

I had an idea or wrapping the rear sway bar in rubber to eliminate the noise... any takes on the idea?

might work, what about silicone or whatever someone was talking about putting on their motor mounts in another thread?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Check your bushings on your swaybar brackets...if the bar has enough play to move and hit your exhaust flange then chances are your bushings might be somewhat gone and the bar has room for play. If it's the exhaust hitting the swaybar though then as some have suggested, either add some rubber in between or adjust your exhaust to maybe hang a tad lower.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Yeah I would check the bushings before anything else. If you wrap the bar in rubber it might work, but your sway bar will still be loose, and thus, less functional.

Snoobly

Reaction score
If the sway bar is wrapped in rubber and the exhaust is hitting it, isn't there a possibility of the exhaust melting the rubber?

Back