Rear view mirror/Windshield

Laurence

Reaction score
So my friend completely broke my rear-view mirror off my windshield. I've tried to use the mirror glue they sell at Autozone and auto stores, all those fail to work because the glass is just completely broken where the mirror goes into place. Do I have to get a completely new windshield to fix this? How should I go about this. (Excuse the scratches, my buddy tried to fix the mirror without my knowledge and tried to sand the windshield...)

Pictures:
AccordWS1.jpg

AccordWS2.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What do you mean the glass is completely broken where the mirror gets mounted? The glass is cracked all the way through? Or there are chunks missing?

Depending on the damage to the glass, it may be able to be mended by a professional, or you may need a new windshield. Time for your friend to pay up.

Laurence

Reaction score
What do you mean the glass is completely broken where the mirror gets mounted? The glass is cracked all the way through? Or there are chunks missing?

Depending on the damage to the glass, it may be able to be mended by a professional, or you may need a new windshield. Time for your friend to pay up.

There's chunks missing, so the mirror can't be mounted correctly. And yeah... unfortunately he's gonna have to pay.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
There's chunks missing, so the mirror can't be mounted correctly. And yeah... unfortunately he's gonna have to pay.

You could have a professional reseal it for you and go get a wink mirror :beer: Overall though, it'd be best to go ahead and get a new windshield.

Varnell

Reaction score
Tried to sand your windshield without your knowledge?

Looks like it's time for a new windshield and a new buddy.

kleen98accord

Reaction score
You'll need a new windshield. Maybe go half with your friend if he isn't willing to pay up?

Brad2274

Reaction score
throw a rock at your windshield and call insurance tell em it flew up on the highway, should replace it free, i know people who've done that :lawl:

Latest posts

Back