Rear Wheel Drive Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Oh no! Shizzy might do the RWD before me??? ****, I gotta get on my game!

I already got the NSX 3.6 DOHC when I do the swap. Can't wait!!!

mraw112

Reaction score
If i had the money to where it was not big deal, and the garage space i would consider it. My mr2 and its parts already occupy my 2 car garage. and my parents would flip a **** if they came home and saw my accord gutted out and me taking a saw to it. And i dont think i have the skill to do it with out screwing up something and having to redo it.

Fuzz

Reaction score
I was actually joking with the boys @ the shop this winter about dropping an SR20 (JDM 240SX Motor) since I spend a TON of time working with Jap Cars.

The problem with putting the accord RWD is the rear suspension and making room for the driveshaft and modifying the firewall to take the transmission.

Then again if you want to drift, and want a nice car with a steady 400whp, just get yourself a 240 clean with like a blown engine, buy a SR20, cams, pistons, and have a shop do all the nice rebuild, slap that baby in and enjoy 9,000rpm of tire smoking action. 800$ on the car... 5,000 on the engine, 2,000 on the suspension... and then a nice sponsored budget for tires.... in the area of $50,000.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
i went drifting last night with my accord. pwnttt an 86 around the last hairpin and won the competition :lolrun:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i mean technically if u want to make the accord with a rear axle... the CRV tranny WILL CLEAR THE FIREWALL... i actually did the research, you have to get the parts from a 99 CRV.... the only thing is ur gonna have to get rid of or highly modify the exhaust tunnell which i highly dont recommend because u will be splitting ur car in half the LONG way

this is the crv tranny for the b20 motor (that pic is reversed btw)
07CrvLine_14.gif

all in all, you can attempt an AWD (WITH MONEY!!!) but RWD not really because the drive shaft for that tranny wont hold much power (being that its primarily FWD since its a vertically mounted engine) and i dont know if u have ever seen the rear differential and axles on the crv... THEY ARE SKINNY AS HELL!!! skinnier than the front axles so good luck wasting ur money on attempting something liek this

Oh yea and the accord rear suspension wont allow it so modifying that will be a PITA so yea..

Last edited:

lwlba

Reaction score
heck, u guys are all noobs.

i relocated my transmission to the trunk. beat that!

jk :lawl:

nexTOme

Reaction score
7thgen is actually better platform to begin with tho.

HECz_

Reaction score
i remember this one time i drifted around a huge crowd in china town
my life be like uh ah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back