rebarrel..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I recommend WheelFlip, I've been talking to them about building my setup and they have been very helpful. Definitely going to use them.

(({ShauN}))

Reaction score
prices on the barrels is ridiculous!

but when you think about it, it's like buying a set of new wheels, so i guess it makes sense.

and $250 for a lip is about the reg price.

i would rather have a bigger barrel than lip, so i'm considering just widening my current barrels on my Volks. (cut the barrel in half, then weld additional metal)
then i'll just need some spacers to clear the insides because of my high offsets.

there's a local guy in Jersey that has been doing it for like 20yrs and it's only ~$150 a wheel.

Tim Williams & Wheel Works.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
prices on the barrels is ridiculous!

but when you think about it, it's like buying a set of new wheels, so i guess it makes sense.

and $250 for a lip is about the reg price.

i would rather have a bigger barrel than lip, so i'm considering just widening my current barrels on my Volks. (cut the barrel in half, then weld additional metal)
then i'll just need some spacers to clear the insides because of my high offsets.

there's a local guy in Jersey that has been doing it for like 20yrs and it's only ~$150 a wheel.

Tim Williams & Wheel Works.

rebarreling is where it gets expensive, new lips are cheaper. on wheelflip they say a 17x7 +?? can be turned into a 17x9 +22 which is a good size and offset

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
...i'm considering just widening my current barrels on my Volks. (cut the barrel in half, then weld additional metal)...

I’ve never heard of this being done, but that sounds like a pretty bad idea. There would be so much work in refining the shape just to get the runout to be perfect.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Too much work just to have wider wheels.

Sell current set, but new set made from the manufacturer.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
+1 for Wheelflip. That's where my wheels are at.
I’ve never heard of this being done, but that sounds like a pretty bad idea. There would be so much work in refining the shape just to get the runout to be perfect.
People do this all the time actually. My coworker is taking some 17x8 +35mm Regamasters and turning them into 18x11 beastmode wheels. You can literally do anything to wheels now days. Wheelflip can convert monoblock Volks to a three piece wheel, take a two piece wheel and make it a three piece wheel, reverse mount, sandwich mount, front mount, step the wheels up to different sizes, change the offset, finish, etc. Pretty much anything you can think of. The only thing I don't think you can do is convert a wheel down in size unless it comes with a step lip.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Kevin, the wheels in your sig, please have them finished in silver for me and ship once completed.

Thnxkbaifornao,don'tforgettrackingnumber.

Back