Rebuild Transmission or Buy Remanufactured from Honda?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I would trust the Honda one all day long, not to mention they will stand behind their warranty. Honda = OEM parts, aftermarket = unknown quality, probably Chinese, junk parts.

If you do decide to get a rebuilt one, this is why I'd go with the 3/36 warranty as opposed to the shops 3/100. They'll find a way out of that one, Honda won't.

jer510

Reaction score
does anyone think that the Honda re-manufactured is overall a better transmission and will last longer than a rebuild?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
does anyone think that the Honda re-manufactured is overall a better transmission and will last longer than a rebuild?
Did you not just read this...
I would trust the Honda one all day long, not to mention they will stand behind their warranty. Honda = OEM parts, aftermarket = unknown quality, probably Chinese, junk parts.

**** noobs are getting on my nerves.....

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
1900? :wtf1:

RIP OFF!

i got mine for around 700 installed with warranty! shop around first pal :)

HAHAHA. $700 for a "rebuilt" tranny installed? Someone cut major corners somewhere. Even at wholesale, I would be paying $1000+ for a quality rebuilt tranny, and then charge you $600 or so to put it in and then another $100 or so in miscellaneous parts.

I'm willing to pay the price. Cause I want this car to last me for a while longer. So would the tranny from Honda necessarily be better than a rebuilt

Forgot to include the mechanic was my uncle.

Shifts like butter.

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
1900? :wtf1:

RIP OFF!

i got mine for around 700 installed with warranty! shop around first pal :)

how is that a rip off? for the next 3 years he has a warranty of 100k miles?! go that route and worry about it 3 years from now. floor it and when it goes, take it back! im sure 3 years from now your taste will change. it's an old car, eventually something else will go out in 3 years and it will end up being a money pit.

We all know our trans. Are ****.
There are several ways mechanics can avoid warranties.

Most will leave, some will stay and cause a ruckus and get their warranty honored.

My two cents...knowing ur mechanic helps. Having a regular mechanic is a good bonus.

Back