Recommended Tire Pressure?

Reaction score
these guys are crazy 12.3271 psi + .20943 psi helium (to make sure you can float incase of emergency) not to mention it ads like 388hp.

... :dunce: next time just look at your owners manual

Chris Vu

Reaction score
o_O my tires are rated at 42psi, so if my door says 32psi max should I listen to the door or the tire ??:boink:

001Stunna

Reaction score
For the sake of some better mpg just run your tires at 33-34psi. If you really want to push it though do not go more then 85-90% of the tires rated max pressure it can hold as by driving you tire pressure does increase a tad due to the tires warming up/friction.

phi1542

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but I had a question. What tire pressure should I do for 235/45/17? The load rating is 97 on these tires. My door jam doesn't have the OEM PSI but I looked it up and it says 29 PSI which seems pretty low. I have the Acura TL wheels and their OEM PSI is 32.

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/589830/23447320/1378330097907/Discount+Tire+inflation.pdf

I was trying to use this chart to find the proper PSI^. 97 load rating is 1609 lbs and my tires say XL on so 1609 at 97 load for XL is 42 PSI.... So I'm not really sure what PSI to run. If I end up getting 18" aftermarket wheels down the road how would I know the PSI as well?

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ There should be some wordings on your tire sidewall telling your max PSI on the tire. Let's not follow your door jamb's spec b/c that's only for the oem tires on your Accord.

for an instance, my tire says: max -- 44 psi, and I set it to 38 psi, which is about 86% air in it that most shops would set it to. You don't want to set it up to the max spec tho. It's b/c your tire will most likely to expand more than that from time to time, and you will eventually see some cracks on your tire surface. Hope this helps.

phi1542

Reaction score
^ There should be some wordings on your tire sidewall telling your max PSI on the tire. Let's not follow your door jamb's spec b/c that's only for the oem tires on your Accord.

for an instance, my tire says: max -- 44 psi, and I set it to 38 psi, which is about 86% air in it that most shops would set it to. You don't want to set it up to the max spec tho. It's b/c your tire will most likely to expand more than that from time to time, and you will eventually see some cracks on your tire surface. Hope this helps.
Yeah my max is 50 psi. I know not to fill it to the max haha so I should just fill it up to about 85% pretty much? I did some reading that if it's a XL you have to fill it up more? Actually, probably not huh since 85% for me would be 42.5 psi. Any more than that is damn near max lol how's the ride quality?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back