Red Fog Lights

Raymond

Reaction score
just looks cool i guess. that'd be awesome to see.

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason he wants them. Just to add a little custom touch that draws attention to the car at the track.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble finding the answer and I need to ask the lighting electronic gurus here at 6GA.

I'm trying to do RED fog lights. How can I go about accomplishing this?

I haven't been able to find RED tinted bulbs nor RED HID kits.

Suggestions?

Pete, maybe you could use these in place of your OEM fogs......

utility_15led_r_wm.jpg

http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm

Or retro them into your oem fogs......

dynasty

Reaction score
personally, red is a dim color. green, white, blue, or yellow is the brightest color. but if it's for looks, then red is fine. other than that, for visibility, red isn't the one you are look for. =]

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I'm trying not to go with tinting just because it'll be a pain in the *** and start chipping (trust me, paint chips are everyday occurance at the track, imagine dirt and debris hitting the paint at 100+MPH and you'll understand my pain). My final solution is to call Lamin-X and have them custom make me some red overlays, but do you guys think that my regular halogen light bulbs will shoot through the red overlays and give me the same effect? Check the picture out below, that's the effect I'm going for.

why? i don't get it peter :confused:

Formula Drift has a Dodge Viper running in the competition. I saw it race one night and it had red fog lights. Obviously, not the same effect since I won't be drifting, but the red fogs and the tire smoke = sekz. Just thought I'd try doing it on the Neon at the tracks. Looks hot to me.

Car_Tour_8_Drift_Dodge_Viper1.jpg

Pete, maybe you could use these in place of your OEM fogs......

utility_15led_r_wm.jpg

http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm

Or retro them into your oem fogs......
I'm thinking about using the LED bulbs for the fog lamp replacements, however, I cannot find the right size. If anyone can help me locate the right size, I'm down. They do not make a direct replacement size bulb for the bulbs in my Neon.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
impp_0811_47_z+formula_d_drift+mopar_dodge_viper+left.jpg

I dont mean to get off topic but is that really a gs 300 I would have never thought of putting a 2 jz motor in that big body sedan

Back