Redhousing

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice car man, mine is red too...
mine is red 3

I LOVE when this happens lol.

Did u find the exact same paint as ur car? Or did u use the next closest color, i have an extra set of headlights and im thinking about it but would like to find Taffeta White paint that can take the heat :p

With the HID's I thought it best to have high temp paint, so I took a swatch of *R94 to the store and matched it to the closest red. They're nearly a straight match, and with the housing behind the lens, it helps to blend so you can't really tell. The eyelids which are *R94 help to unite everything.

damn this looks fuucking sick dude. any pics of it at night? does it look the same at night since its red?

Thanks man! My camera isn't great for night pics because my HID's always flare in photos, but this will give you an idea. The eyelids give the light a cut off thus giving them a slimmer profile, so it really helps to give the front of a car a new look imo. The corner lights get framed especially well (I photoshopped the first pic to illustrate).

DSC01678a.jpg

DSC01680-1.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

I think you should have red'd out more of the chrome in there. I don't know it seems like you didn't do as much of it as some people do.

I thought about redhousing the corners, but all the pics I've seen of cars with blackhoused headlights that have the corners painted black make the amber parking light/turn signal barely show up. And since the HID's already overpower the corners I didn't want them to disappear so I left all the optics there. Plus I think that's a little too much red for me. There's something posted on page 3 you might like though, that style just wasn't for me.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
looks ****ing sick! i wonder how this would look on a black coupe...

THAT...would be interesting. I think if you had other small red accents going on in the exterior of the car it might work?

love it

good yob

Thanks mang! :)

Damn! That's pretty hot and unique. Props and rep.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Seeing as how most people seem to like redhousings better with the corner painted too, I guess mine are unique in that I didn't go that route.

alex_d10

Reaction score
I find it really nice. It looks even better when the corner lights are redhoused to. Here's a pic:

Was about to post this too. This guy lives in my city, his car is all over the internet lol

It looks nice! I kinda want to get red housing done too now, but I'd leave the amber strip in and do a part of the corners red as well (the part that does not have the hole for the bulb). Anyways, anyone got some spare headlights for sale ?:jae:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Ian(LDYKILLA) was the first to redhouse his headlights.

To the OP, you did it a lil different, nothing wrong with that, still looks like it turned out pretty well. Nice work.

Back