regional chapters

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
IMO, Socal/Cali is one that would warrant a subforum since there is such a HUGE community.

Don't make subforums though please.. that would be tragic for the unity of our family.

Looks like everyone's jumpin on the regional bandwagon now (in terms of roll call and census), but I think that's great because it's so important to know who's around you and who you can meet up with anytime, or who you can work on a project with or help someone out with their car issues!! :D

eggs

Reaction score
done it can you sticky please

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The idea of roll call threads has nothing to do with with regional chapters. Please don't get them confused. Since some people don't put their location or just don't stand out, their presence and region are unknown, but they could be all around us! Hence, census purpose for further interaction and development of our community.

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
bumping an old topic, i know but i think its something we need. you dont have to break the meets section up into individual states. you could follow how club TSX did it... http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/regional-tsx-groups/

you guys saying the unorganized meets section with the entire US posting in one area keeps us "united"... i dont see how... not like i ever look into threads titled NY, Texas, etc... and communicate with members there, thats what the entire rest of the site is for.

if you guys dont want to do that then at least consider making it mandatory to insert a prefix to the thread title like we currently have in the FS section.... what i mean is...

in the Sale section, when you create a new thread, there is a drop down list of prefixes that the person has to select like... FS, FT, WTB, etc... Have a similar setup in the meets area where a person has to select a regional prefix, just populate the drop down menu with NorCal, SoCal, NY, Texas... etc etc... to keep things a little more organized because the majority of the people who create threads there dont post which region its for. makes it a little more annoying when trying to find meets in your area.

my .02 cents

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a proper thread title should be enough...theres not enough activity to warrant subsections. i mean...look at how many active threads there are now (and how many meets are over and done with on the first page alone).

stickies...canam will be over with this weekend and the 3 threads will pass off the first page probably by next weekend. the midwest meet will be next month and its titled as chicagoland already.

its really not too difficult since theres not 30 meets happening every weekend.

Back