remove odors from carpet?

PROJECT H

Reaction score
arite well i went fishin over the weekend (long beach), n my friends put thier cooler with all the fish and shrimp bait n ice in my trunk. the cooler was left in my trunk for liek 2 days cuz i forgot it was there lol.

so today i went 2 give it back, n wut happens when i open the trunk???

|= |_| ( |< ! |\| 9 fish smell!!!!!! that sh!t leaked all over the wooden carpet floor in the trunk and made a nasty puddle in the spare tire well. that smell is so bad, makes u wanna throw up.. -.- :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :bash: :p :rofl:

so my question is, after i clean up the puddles n stuff... how can i take the fish smell outta the carpet???

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have heard you can put a cup of vinager in your car for 24 hours, it should basically turn black from absorbing all the smells. Wait 24 hours. Well, i never wanted to try it because i don't want to have my car smelling like vinager, but i have defineatly read it works.

I would pull your carpet, it takes about an hour to pull out, wash it down good. The problem is how long it takes to dry. But roll with just a drivers seat, weight savings ftw. Shampoo your carpets, clean you seats, trunk area, i think you would be good.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: don't park near me at the socal meet :rofl:

air it out would be a good start... vinegar idea sounds legit :thumbsup:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
hmm i mite try the vinegar thing cuz its only my trunk that smells. man... just thinkin abt that smell makes me sick. hahhaha

i looked at the puddle 2day n it was BLACK! nasty....

shavedaccord

Reaction score
old stoner trick..cut oranges in half and stick them in your car for a little while it'll draw the smell out..

PROJECT H

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
:rofl: :rofl: don't park near me at the socal meet :rofl:

air it out would be a good start... vinegar idea sounds legit :thumbsup:
LOL stfu. -.- ill make sure ur car will smell like fish (not THAT kind of fish lol) by the time the meets over (but as long as i dont pop the trunk it wont smell). :rofl:

but i gotta admit... it was worthit 2 go fishin tho. just ill make sure everything is capped next time, n i wont be takin the cooler (or anything related to fish) anymore.

thnx for the ideas, ill try it in the morning lol. 2 tired 2 do anything >.<

Sinful

Reaction score
lmao, my trunk smelled like crap from fishing too. I left my squid bait for like a day in an open bucket, and that smelled SO bad. I just febreezed it like mad because mine didnt actually leak into the carpet and it eventually went away, but that was in my old accord :D

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
soo.. wat's the news? u still gonna smell like fish at the meet? :rofl:

Back