removing air vents

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
hey everybody, i got a question about removing the air vents on the top part of the dash. they are the small ones on either side of the car. i want to paint those- would it be easier to mask everything off or do those pop out easily with a screwdriver. i figured i would ask before i snapped them all to pieces with the screwdriver lol

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure but it looks like its stuck in there with only tabs on the sides of it. well thats how its like for the 2 vents on ur left and right side. the thing thats holding ur cruise control in.

score04w

Reaction score
he wants to paint them, and ill agree with lemon, they look stuck in there, masking them off could get messy

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the drivers side one is held in with two screws behind the coin tray. take those out, then it should come out.

idk about the passenger side one. i remember i tried to pop it out on my old accord once. maybe tomorrow ill take a look and let you know. haha.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Dude don't tape them off. Pop them out carefully, even if you have to remove their bezel, they will come out just be careful. Use a flathead screwdriver and work it out. As for the plastic covers in top corners of dash, those pop out very very easily - they are just plastic covers. I wish they were real tweeter covers haha.

Back