Removing headliner, any ideas?

yellowfever

Reaction score
so im knee deep in my interior "tan to black" project and i hadnt really given much thought to the headliner. Any idea how to get it out? Also does anyone know how to remove the interior sunroof piece? I need the help of minds that arnt clouded by paint fumes.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Remove all the interior plastic pieces that even come near it, be careful pulling it down. It's probably held in place w/ those plastic clips.

yellowfever

Reaction score
theres one plastic circle in the middle of it with a notch in it, i figured it was for a flathead so i put on in and twisted but nothing happened???

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i have my headliner out...i got it out when i had no interior...not even front seats....and got it out the back door....it may have been bent a lil to get it out but it was alright...

yellowfever

Reaction score
i have a coupe so i think it'll rit just fine through the passenger side. Could you ellaborate on how to get it out?

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to re-upholster my headliner also, so im interested in this as well...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
wrap it in plastic while it is in the car, otherwise it will get nasty from the door trim. recline the seats completely, and drop it down. slide it into the back window, gently fold as pulling it out the door. fold it as little as possible, they will crease.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
hmm i wanna do headliner too... have you done your window visors? im currently trying to figure out how to re wrap them in black suede for my tan to black interior.=]

gl with the headliner though.

Back