removing locks on coilovers

xpieceofcralpx

Reaction score
so i have tokico blues and dropzone coilover sleeves currently on my 02 sedan, the coils are all the way down, and i'm not satisfied with the height, maybe its about two inches from tire to fender -__- is removing the locks going to lower it more? or am i wasting my time? i got these springs for a good deal from another forum, should i just save up for other springs? if so, which ones? thanks in advance guys

hirichard

Reaction score
Take the whole coilover sleeve off, and twist the bottom collar off. I'm not sure how low it'll make you.

djmerkone

Reaction score
here's what i did to start off, then i removed one of the sleeve rings from the rears.

GroundControlInstallation-Front.jpg

it makes me a sinch off of meeting tire to fender line

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Garbage coilover sleeves.

Get rid of them, get a legitimate setup. And please don't resort to other half-*** methods that djmerkone tried. When I read the thread he posted about his suspension, I banged my head against my desk repeatedly.

I could see someone removing the bottom collar from Tein coilovers (waiting for Andy's comment :lawl:) but when you're already starting off with garbage sleeves, you're going through more trouble than its worth with something that should ultimately be replaced anyways.

xpieceofcralpx

Reaction score
Garbage coilover sleeves.

Get rid of them, get a legitimate setup. And please don't resort to other half-*** methods that djmerkone tried. When I read the thread he posted about his suspension, I banged my head against my desk repeatedly.

I could see someone removing the bottom collar from Tein coilovers (waiting for Andy's comment :lawl:) but when you're already starting off with garbage sleeves, you're going through more trouble than its worth with something that should ultimately be replaced anyways.

ok, so removing the locks would be pointless then. which springs would be a good replacement? skunk2 is what i had in mind. but are you recommending to get rid of the whole set up and get a full set of coilovers?

truWarier02

Reaction score
ok, so removing the locks would be pointless then. which springs would be a good replacement? skunk2 is what i had in mind. but are you recommending to get rid of the whole set up and get a full set of coilovers?

Yes, dispose of them immediately and get full coilovers. Or get some Ground Control sleeves with Tokico Illumina/Koni Yellow.

Back