Removing the pinstripe on either side

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
:lawl: hey, I mean if it works for you guys then be happy with that.

maybe I did go into too much detail when I did it, but from every angle it looks like there was never pinstriping to begin with.

that was my goal, so I was really happy to see the paint smooth and no distortion afterward.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
:lawl: hey, I mean if it works for you guys then be happy with that.

maybe I did go into too much detail when I did it, but from every angle it looks like there was never pinstriping to begin with.

that was my goal, so I was really happy to see the paint smooth and no distortion afterward.
you can also very faintly see where the "accord" and "EX" emblems were so i knew what i was getting into when it came to the pinstripes :lawl:

but my paint is so shiny still, its not like the clear is faded everywhere but behind the emblems/pinstriping. its barelyyyyyyy visible so you have to know what youre looking for :lawl:

and think of it like ghost flames on hot rods :lawl:

kn0x47

Reaction score
i started with a razor blade and did a good job of scratching some of the paint up. then i resulted to a plastic scraper (for getting ice off the windshield) and water. that took the actual stripe off then i let the car sit outside for a few weeks for the glue to dry out. soapy water and a paper towel took all the glue off.

my pinstripes were too dried out to grab part of it and peel the rest off. it always broke. hopefully the OP wont have that problem

Skyy

Reaction score
thats the way i did it...fingernail + plastic scraper/squeegee + goo gone :lawl: but i used my fingernails most :lawl:

and did it in the garage, when it was maybe 50 outside :lawl: i debadged the car when it was like 40 degrees :lawl:

but i can roll like that :duckhunt:

You sir, are more of a man than I am

Back