Removing the pinstripe on either side

imaricer:)

Reaction score
wow you guys have put a lot of work into this lol...

i just soaked the whole length of the in stripes in goo gone for like 5 mins then peeled them off with my finger nail. the whole process took maybe 20 mins total.

the weird part is, my front senders look like there was never one there. but the rest of the car, if u look closely, you can kinda still see where it used to be.

Last edited:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
lol. you suggested using a razor blade to scrape it off of paint :ugh:

really? I said that? I said *only* use a razor blade? and I said you're using it to scrape it off the paint? :lawl:

I didn't say pull on it with your fingers? or mention that you're only using the blade to get leverage under the strip?

if the strip breaks you have to get under it again, so guess what? it's razor blade time again.

don't act like a know it all... and don't accuse me of the same.

I *know* what I'm doing because I did a flawless job on it, with detailed proof since I record everything I do.

if you got the job done in 20 minutes, you must have done a pretty hack job dude. If you're doing it in detail it should take you about an hour for both sides of the car, with two lines down both sides.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
He suggested a blade to get under it at one end, just to get it started...not use it the whole length of the car.

Reaction score
same shi*

finger nail wont scratch nor will it hurt your finger nail.

you know a noob is going to try it and slip and scratch the mess out his shi*. at least my way was safe and easy.

i understand fargoth that you are crafty and good at what you do, take time w it and such. i was just suggesting my safer way of doing it. its whatever the op wants to do. thats why he was asking everyones suggestions.

sorry if you thought i was doggin you bro.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I just don't understand using only goo gone and your fingernail :lawl:

it would have to be the hottest day outside, and you'd have to use like an entire bottle.

it would take sooo much longer than 20 minutes too, unless you have four lines down the side of your car now?

Reaction score

it would have to be the hottest day outside, and you'd have to use like an entire bottle.

it would take sooo much longer than 20 minutes too, unless you have four lines down the side of your car now?

nope. just go down and spray it. let it soak and it peels right off. then u just scrub where the strip was to remove any residue left behind.

i said you have to get real close to see the lines. in some places.

i do this with any tpye of decal/sticker i take off of a car.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

thats the way i did it...fingernail + plastic scraper/squeegee + goo gone :lawl: but i used my fingernails most :lawl:

and did it in the garage, when it was maybe 50 outside :lawl: i debadged the car when it was like 40 degrees :lawl:

but i can roll like that :duckhunt:

Back